Tea's Hope Chest

Monday, October 3, 2011

Denim and Lace~Upcycled/Recycled Rags

Beautiful fall day,cool brisk just the kind of day to "Junkin"
Kristy and I had breakfast at Cracker Barrel this morning.spent a couple hours hitting the resale shoppes.

We found some great things,Kristy's finds were several vintage garments, A long brown sweater (floor length~) has tans and deep gold threads,,vintage buttons..
a tan crochet blouse,chocolate color linen Knee pants.
Great colors for autumn~
My find was 3 vintage ivy plate holders,3 bed jackets,you cannot find a bed jacket in the stores.
This bed jacket has a overlayer of Vintage Lace.Love it~I would say (once belonged to someones grandmother) they reminded me of my granny,guess thats why I love bed jackets..

Recycled overall~



I cut the bib off,

add tattered rags and laces attached it slightly slanted on the front,makes a great extra pocket for keys and cell phone.



I then cut the straps off.keeping the clasps on..attached them together added trims..now the straps can be clasped onto the denim bag using the original pieces

added my vintage tag to the back,added lace trims to back pockets
I sewed the bottom together,and then boxed the corners.
added hand made silk roses,rhinestone buttons vintage trims
My Upcycled/Recycled Denim Shabby Chic Bag~~

3 comments:

  1. Hello
    It is a pleasure to meet another kindred spirit!
    I love your blog and your creations. I'm your newest follower and a neighbor. I'm placing your blog's button on my blog's sidebar so others can find you and be delighted with your gorgeous creations.
    Blessings,
    ~*~Wendy~*~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    It is a pleasure to meet another kindred spirit!
    I love your blog and your lovely creations. I'm your newest follower and a neighbor. I have placed your blog's button on my blog's sidebar so others can find you and be delighted with your gorgeous creations.
    Blessings,
    ~*~Wendy~*~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Afternoon!
    I've finally figured out what I can do with that denim over all I just could not get rid of... thanks for the idea!
    ~~~Trish~~~

    ReplyDelete

Hello there ~~Welcome~I hope you find within My Hope Chest a place to relax and enjoy yourself and calm your mind. . Do come talk to me a while, for strangers often make the best listeners. Enjoy, and remember to wander back here often Love and Blessings Tea~~