Tea's Hope Chest

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Vintage Mesh Tea Pot~


Cold and raining today, looking forward to Spring, these cold dreary months are good for a few things,
Cleaning house,organizing,and creating~
The sweet mesh teapot I found in a "Thrift Store~, loved the vintage look and thought the roses would be a pretty "center piece" for my upstairs foyer sitting area~
I had passed up the teapot,saying to myse;f "You do not need another thing to sit around~ The more I thought about that old pot,I knew I had to have it.

It will be so pretty for a Spring Tea Party, sitting on a tea cart,with tea bags inside.

Gathering up a few old cards,my Victorian Trading Co. catalogs I sat and "Thought" what to create today~ Decided to create a few art tags for "gifts: and my vintage rag designs~.
"I actually scanned a old print for the dressmaker photo" on this card, creating a two sided card,I designed the card in paintshop, added them side by side on a 8.5x 11 sheet. The sheet should hold at least 2 full tags, Printed as many tags as I wanted to create~
I cut snippets from my old catalogs to use on this sweet little tag
Key To My Heart~

punched holes for the tattered ribbons, I used a vintage parchment paper inside for text,layered on a cute little key,a tiny silk rose,added crystal glitter, some tattered lace, I used craft Victorian scissors to trim the edges. Stamped the inside with a Paris stamp..just to give it a little Paris flair~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there ~~Welcome~I hope you find within My Hope Chest a place to relax and enjoy yourself and calm your mind. . Do come talk to me a while, for strangers often make the best listeners. Enjoy, and remember to wander back here often Love and Blessings Tea~~