Tea's Hope Chest

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Early Morning

Up at 5 am. for a trip over the mountain to Hammers,in south pittsburg, I love this old store, old plank flooring,as you walk it creaks with each step.
vintage cash register, I am sure it is updated,family owned for many years.
Found some pretty flour sacks..for my kitchen,great old sacks for cleaning..

The town is small and quaint.has not  changed much in 30 years....Gorgeous ride over Lookout mountain..the tennessee river flowing,


the delta queen making her way up the river for her last trip..then she will be a fixture as a hotel and gift shop,I am happy to see that the old steamboat will be saved..

Hubby worked in the pool area for 3 hours..wow he made progress..looks so neat...went to the market for steaks and fresh tomatoes..friends will join us for dinner..hubby can grill a steak to melt in your mouth..med. rare please..I plan to roast corn on the cob..make a kabob of fruit..canalope,grapes,kiwi fruit..yum..
Have to work these calories off ..quick trip to the bike store..LaMarr needs a new tire..
Ready for the bike rally at 7 am sunday.
Good cause..(Shriners)..good friends..watermelon on ice..what more could you want..smile~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there ~~Welcome~I hope you find within My Hope Chest a place to relax and enjoy yourself and calm your mind. . Do come talk to me a while, for strangers often make the best listeners. Enjoy, and remember to wander back here often Love and Blessings Tea~~